Zermatt, Switzerland and Milan, Italy - Feb. 2-12, 2024
This trip has sold out, please contact the trip leaders to join our waitlist.
Trip Leaders Lisa Salisbury & Jim Kelly
$3,650- double occupancy & $4,750 single/person
A European Trip for Skiers AND Non-Skiers
Zermatt, in southern Switzerland’s Valais canton, is a mountain resort renowned for skiing, climbing and hiking. The town lies below the iconic, pyramid-shaped Matterhorn peak. Its main street, Bahnhofstrasse is lined with boutique shops, hotels and restaurants, and also has a lively après-ski scene.
Things To Do In Zermatt
- Downhill ski at 5 different resorts with IKON pass or local lift pass
- Cross Country ski, snowshoe and hike nearby
- Take the train - Zermatt to Gornegrat. It is regarded as one of the most scenic train rides in the world.
- Explore the town - Zermatt is a car free city
- Shop and visit one of the many cafes
- Sled on famous Toboggan Runs
- Visit a Day Spa
- Eat Swiss Fondue
- Ice Skate
- Apres-Ski (very popular in Switzerland)
- For walkers - Catch a cable car up the mountains to the many ski resorts.
-Visit the Matterhorn Glacier Palace filled with ice sculptures in this magical palace
-Take a helicopter ride around the Matterhorn
Itinerary Of The Trip
Feb. 2 - Flight from DTW to Milan – Delta airlines flights reserved, Bus to Zermatt
Feb. 3-9 - Zermatt, Switzerland
6 Nights at Hotel Albana Real Zermatt
14 Double Rooms - double occupancy (room has either a Queen, 2 twin beds or 2 twins pushed together)
• 1 Group Dinner (date & time TBD)
• Welcome Drink • Daily Breakfast buffet • Amenities in room
• Complimentary mineral water in room • Tea and Coffee machine in room
• Afternoon Snack • WIFI • VAT & Service Charges & City Tax
• Entry to Spa: indoor pool, sauna, steam bath, jacuzzi & gym (Massages not included)
• Return Luggage transfer (train station Zermatt – Hotel)
Not included in the above pricing:
• Lift tickets - IKON pass used or local ski tickets can be purchased when arrive
• Ski equipment rentals • Ski lessons/guides • Trip Insurance • Gratuities
February 9-12 - Milan, Italy
3 Nights at Hotel Cavour Milan 4*
14 Classic Double/twin Rooms (option to upgrade to Premium rooms)
Check out and take a bus to Milan
2 Days of excursions that involve city tours, food and wine tasting.
• 1 Group Italian Dinner (date & time TBD)
• Daily Breakfast • WIFI • VAT & Service Charges & City Tax
TRANSFERS (included) Bus transportation to Zermatt, Milan and Airport
Payment and Cancellation Terms
Signup - $150 Deposit - May 21
June 25 - $850 Initial Payment
Aug 27 - $1,300 Second payment, $1,100 Single supplement payment
November 15- Balance of trip cost due
This trip is governed by the Ann Arbor Ski Club sign up procedures and cancellation policies with
the amended payment schedule as noted. If a participant drops out of the trip prior to June 15,
they will receive a refund, less $20. If a participant drops out between June 15 and Nov 15,
they will lose their deposit and any non refundable travel and lodging deposits unless the spot
can be filled with another participant. In that case a $100 fee will apply. After Nov 15, the trip is
non-cancelable and participants are responsible for the entire trip cost. We cannot replace
participants from a waitlist after this date.
Group is based on a minimum of 28 passengers. If less people sign up, the costs will increase
to absorb the cost of the transfers.
Boutique Hotel Albana Real Zermatt
Hotel Albana Real - Boutique & Spa in Zermatt welcomes you in an atmosphere that is both refined and relaxed. The luxurious hotel in Zermatt, equipped with a touch of Art Deco, invites you to rest and relax. Handcrafted wood carvings decorate the rooms and suites, decorated in soft colors and modern but quite rustic style. To complete your stay, visit our spa and wellness area, the ideal place to unwind and revive yourself.
Hotel Cavour 4* – Milan City Center
Hotel Cavour in Milan city center, 125 rooms just few steps away from Via Montenapoleone and the Fashion district. Built in 1959 and renovated in 2012, all rooms have a well-stocked fridge-bar, 32” LCD screen, multi-tongue satellite TV, high speed connections for your PC, air conditioning with individual adjustment, a safe box, coverture, laundry service and room service from 7 am to midnight. The Conte Camillo Restaurant is a great location to experience the real Italian cuisine.
CONTRACT AND FLYER